Philips Hue will work with the Google Assistant, providing the user with a hands-free lighting experience. Turning the lights on/off with your voice is only the beginning. Further you can ask Google if you left the lights on, adjust dimming, recall your favourite scenes and much more. Together, Philips Hue and the Google Assistant offer a simple, convenient solution to control the lights in home.
Control your lights
Use the Google Assistant to turn your Hue lights on/off, to dim your lights, or to check if you’ve left any lights on. Simply ask:
- Ok Google, turn on/off the lights”
- Ok Google, dim the lights in the bedroom
- Hey Google, brighten the living room lights
- Hey Google, are the lights on in the kitchen?
Scenes and light recipes
You can also set your custom Hue scenes and light recipes with the Google Assistant. To do this, you first need to sync your lights by saying: Ok Google, Sync my lights. Then ask for your favourite scenes or light recipe as configured in your Hue app:
- Ok Google, turn on tropical twilight in the living room
- Hey Google, turn on concentrate in the office
Set your favourite colours
Add a splash of colour to your home. Just ask the Google Assistant to set your lights to any colour you can think of, for example:
- Ok Google, make the kitchen blue
- Ok Google, turn the desk lamp purple
- Hey Google, change the lights to green
- Hey Google, turn the living room orange
The Google Assistant is built into Android phones, speakers and other devices, and seamlessly connects to Philips Hue so you can use your voice to control all the lights in your home. Just start with “Ok Google” and your assistant is ready to help.