Gala event shines a light on international designers September 18 in Vancouver, Canada
Preparing for its fifth annual gala event, L A M P has announced its top 10 lighting finalists in three categories for 2018. Judged by some of the world’s top lighting industry leaders, the lights were chosen from over 142 submissions worldwide, from 85 cities and 28 countries. This year, L A M P’s gala event will kick off the Offsite Programming for IDS Vancouver on Tuesday, September 18 and winners will be announced on event day. In no specific order, L A M P’s top 10 established finalists are listed below, and emerging and student finalists can be viewed on L A M P’s website
- OVO by Adrian Fisher from Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Boom by Stickbulb/RUX Studios from New York, NY, USA
- Apollo Chandelier by Taylor McKenzie-Veal from Chicago, IL & New York, USA
- Just Another Lamp by David Grifols from Barcelona, Spain
- L n°004 by Pierric De Coster from Antwerp, Belgium
- Cube Petra by Stanev from Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Mito by Tom Fereday from Melbourne, Australia
- EastWestLight by Ákos Huber from Kecskemet, Hungary
- Portal by Mark Kinsley from Chicago, IL, USA
- Orbital Series by Michel Duvernet from Nelson, BC, Canada
L A M P aims to introduce a broader audience to lighting design while promoting and connecting emerging talent to new markets. Each year the competition challenges designers to approach their lamps with the guidance of a theme. The judges made their decisions based on a set evaluation ranging from aesthetics, marketability, innovation, and unique interpretation of this year’s theme, Balance.
The 2018 esteemed panel of judges include: Ingo Maurer, Michael Anastassiades, Jaime Derringer (Design Milk), Alex Josephson (PARTISANS), Tim Rundle (Tim Rundle Studio), Scott Bridgens (Resident), Rich Brilliant Willing, Bec Brittain, and Robyn York (Inform Contract). L A M P’s gala event will be held on Tuesday, September 18 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. PST at Inform Contract, 405 Railway Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1A7. To purchase tickets, visit IDS Vancouver.
about L A M P
Established in 2013, L A M P (Lighting Architecture Movement Project) is run by Vancouver founders Annika Siemsen and Nicole Fox. L A M P attracts the Pacific Northwest’s top product designers, architects, business entrepreneurs and design enthusiasts to its unique event that celebrates the best in emerging, contemporary lighting design. Now in its fifth year, L A M P looks forward to growing into an internationally recognizable institution for creative minds to showcase their lighting designs.