Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited tenders for the engagement of Detail Design Consultant (DDC) for the detailed design of Civil (structural & track works), Architectural, Building services including E&M work for the elevated viaduct and elevated stations from JLN stadium to Infoparkvia Kakkanad of Phase- II of Kochi Metro Rail Project.
Last date for submission of bids is 16/04/19. Bid documents can be downloaded from http://etenders.kerala.gov.in.
Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PRJ/DandP/65/DDC/TEN13/19
Tender ID: 2019_KMRL_275075_1
The Detail Design Consultant shall perform the services in two phases, the Design Phase and the Construction Phase
The Design Phase shall commence upon the Commencement Date. This phase shall include the preparation and submission of:
- The Preliminary Design
- The Definitive Design; and
- The Construction Reference Drawings.
- Preparation of Tender documents
During the construction phase DDC will be responsible for preparation of Schedule of Dimensions, Structural Electrical Mechanical & Combined Services Drawings during Detailed Design Phase
The Architectural services shall include the detailed design of all Architectural and landscaping works if any, review the land requirement for stations, preparation of drawings specifications, cost estimates and other documents, as required, in order to prepare tenders and to construct the Works, together with such other services as are set out and referred to in this contract. The Works also include assisting Employer in obtaining the necessary approvals from concerned Authorities.
Design should aim at:
- The stations should be designed to allow for maximum natural air flow through the concourse and platform areas in elevated stretches
- There should be optimized approach for space planning
- The detailing of every element within the station area is important, not only for visual and aesthetic reasons but to ensure that materials are durable and can easily be maintained
- Station boarding/alighting and the resulting entry/exit location requirements
- The integration and co-ordination of the architectural finishes with the structure and MEP fittings and services is required
- Firefighting systems
- Multi-Modal integration. Provision of links to existing parking facilities; subways, adjoining properties and foot bridges
- Signage and Wayfinding
For further details, click here: